Meet the Bookstagrammer:@theshelvedlifeblog

11:42:00 π.μ.



  • How did you start bookstagram? It was the reason you made your account or not?

I have always been an avid reader, and when I kept stumbling upon beautiful photos of the same books I loved, I decided to take a leap and create my own bookstagram page. I love connecting with book readers all over the globe, making new friends and finding new books to read.
  • How did you come up with your bookstagram name?

I have a blog called ‘the shelved life’ where I discuss all things book-related, and a little bit of my personal life.
  • How did you cοme up with your first theme?It was a spesific theme or just photos and why?

I’m still working my theme out right now! I love a stark-white background and simple bookish things so the focus of the shot IS the book. I find right now i’m kind of all over the place color-wise and getting into my groove. I like a variety of shots to keep your eye moving through the profile feed.
  • What or who inspires you?  

     I adore @ohthebookfeels, @foldedpagesdistillery and @bookishbronte - they all have very unique, strong styles to their bookstagram feeds. I love knowing that there’s room in the Instagram world to be who you are, share what you love, and people support you. Seeing all the different ways bookstagrammers can showcase the same book? That’s incredible.               
  • Which is the reason you have been part of this community?

I joined this community to share my love of reading, and found so many people like me that it’s overwhelming at times. But amazing too. The support throughout the bookstagram community is wonderful.
  • Do you want to be a "big" account or "small" and why? Does the followers count to you?

I would be lying if I didn’t say I wanted more followers - only because I want others to love the same books I do!! I’m a small account still, and steadily growing which does make me happy. However at the end of the day that’s not really what matters. I love the friendships more than the amount of followers.
  • Do you interact with your followers and have you made friends? If so do you like this and why?

Yes I do! To all of the above. I have made some pretty fun acquaintances and a few awesome friends - some of which are across the country where I live! I love connecting with people where they are in life.
  • Why do you love books? What do they mean to you?

I LOVE books. I have loved them since childhood. I can tell you that Anne was my childhood book heroine - she was so strong in the face of uncertainty. We faced a few of the same issues in life and I found that authors have a unique way of connecting with their readers’ souls. When a book makes me cry or laugh out loud, the author has done their job well.
  • Which is your favorite book and why?

My favorite book will always be Anne of Green Gables. L.M. Montgomery touches on subjects that a lot of children face. Abandonment, trust, and friendship are some of the key issues she tackles in this book, and Anne comes through them all with dignity and hope. Even when she could have become bitter at what life handed her.
  • Tell me two bookish fun facts about you!

1. I often judge a book by its cover - let’s face it, if the cover isn’t eye-catching I probably will pass it up unless recommended by a friend. 2. I almost cried when I broke the spine of my 10th Anniversary Edition of City of Bones. I couldn’t bear to pull apart the gold-leafed edges.
  • Which is you favorite photo of your feed? (Upload it)

  • Tell me your biggest dream of being a part of bookstagram? Which the most exciting thing you wanna do/be?

I am going to school in the Fall for my degree in English- Creative Writing. I hope to be a successful, published author one day!!!
  • Do you spend more money for your bookstagram or not? Do you think it worths?

If you’re talking about promoting your page through Instagram, I have not. If you’re asking whether I purchase props and such, then yes, but minimally. It’s always fun to have a few things on hand but not get too carried away.
  • Have you ever thought of giving up and why?

Sometimes when I feel pressured to post more than I can, or just post a shot even though it’s not what I imagined. In those times I get more frustrated at myself. I have to remember that what works for my life doesn’t always work for everyone else. But to not give up doing what I love even if the frequency isn’t what I expect.
  • Have you received negative comments/messages about you or your feed and how do you act?

I haven’t received negative feedback yet - but I’m sure I will some day. That’s just inevitable. Not everyone will like me or what I post and that’s okay. That’s just part of life.
  • Lastly, what would you advice someone who starts bookstagram?

Enjoy it!!! Don’t feel pressured to be like another bookstagrammer. You don’t have to have a trunk-full of props to make a great shot. Focus on what you love about the book and make that your focus. And when in doubt? You CAN change things up. Bookstagrammers change their themes all the time. Find one that makes you happy, and have fun making friends! The community is supportive, so don’t hesitate to reach out with questions and comments!!

You Might Also Like

0 σχόλια

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Ξεκίνησα αυτό το blog για να ικανοποιήσω το πάθος μου για τα βιβλία και την συγγραφή. Μπορεί να γίνεται "χαμός" από διάφορα άρθρα τελείως άσχετα μεταξύ τους αλλά ο καθένας δεν έχει μόνο ένα χαρακτηριστικό στην προσωπικότητά του.